Hands

Hands

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Monkey Wrench

So I received a call from my OB this afternoon and she informed me that after talking to their lead policy doctor in the practice (who I happened to see last Friday), they are requiring me to get an amnio done on Monday morning if I want to deliver at 37 weeks. What. The. Hell.  Let's stick a needle into my uterus to check for lung maturity when I know for a fact, thanks to IVF, that my dates are accurate.  Let's chance something happening like a rupture or accidentally hitting my placenta, umbilical cord, or baby.  This baby WILL move towards the needle.  This baby IS active and doesn't sit still for any type of monitoring.  Don't go near my baby with a needle.  I will sign papers, I'll do anything else to have this baby on Tuesday except for having an amnio.  As it is set up right now, I have an amnio on Monday morning at 8am and will have to stay for a couple hours after to be monitored for anything going wrong.  Lovely.  Can't he just arrive already?!

1 comment:

  1. Before you know it, you'll be up all night feeding that baby. Some how I'm aready a week in?! You got this. Prayers to ease your anxiety!!!

    ReplyDelete