Hands

Hands

Thursday, November 7, 2013

4 Weeks

Our sweetest Nathan,

You would have been 4 weeks old today.  How time flies even though it feels like since 10/10, time has been standing still.  What I wouldn't give to go back 4 weeks + 2 days to be able to feel you kicking and squirming around in my belly.

They say that the pain gets better with time, but I'm finding just the opposite.  My heart literally hurts when I think of you, my arms are empty, and I can't stop questioning God.  All I know is that He must have big plans for you up there baby.

Your cousin, Allie, says she sees you up in the clouds and that you are "soooo cute".  She also says that you are happy.  I'm glad that your great-grandma was able to guide you up to your place of eternity (my grandma passed away within 4 hours of Nathan being delivered).  Is Grandpa Tom taking good care of you?  I'm sure he is.  You are his first grandson, you know.  I'm sure he has built you a train set just like the one he built for your daddy.  He'll teach you all about soccer and baseball.  There's a bunch of other great people that I'm sure will make sure you're OK up there.  Great-grandpa Don will adore you just like he did all 21 of his grandkids.

Your dad and I can't wait to see you one day again when we reach Heaven.  We're still trying to figure out life without you, but each day we get through, is one day closer to when we get to see you again.

Love you, buddy.


Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels' wings
And Godspeed, Sweet Dreams
- Nick Lachey's Godspeed (Sweet Dreams)

No comments:

Post a Comment