Hands

Hands

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

20 Weeks Pregnant

17 weeks from today, we'll meet this baby.
119 days from today, we'll meet this baby.

Those are the words I keep speaking each day.  We will meet this baby boy on January 13 and that is the day when our hope is renewed.  

There's nothing really new this week, except I am starting to feel this baby daily, which makes me happy.  Work is great, coaching 7 year old girls in soccer is both frustrating and fun, and Chris and I are finally doing some of the projects around the house that were put on hold when we were busy paying for 4 rounds of IVF.  We met with the guy who will be building our deck on Sunday morning and hopefully that is finished in the next 3 weeks or so.  One of the trees we planted after Nathan died also died so that's being replaced.  We told our landscaper a couple of months ago that the tree was dying, but she didn't seem to think so, but it did.  We also finally picked out some artwork for above our family room couch.  It took us close to 4 years to figure out what we wanted and what size would be necessary since our couch is long and our wall is even longer.  Like I said, not much going on with us this week.

The only baby items I have purchased are 2 winter hats.  Since this baby will be born in the middle of winter, it was important to me that I got them something that they would be able to wear home from the hospital and for the couple of times we'll leave the house during the winter.  I talked with a Viacord representative regarding our unused cord blood kit that we were supposed to use when Nathan was born.  Since we didn't use it, it's been sitting in our den, unopened for the past 12 months.  They were very understanding about what happened and were happy to help update all of our information so we could use the same kit.

I have already started with my biweekly appointments so I'll be able to update more after our 21 week appointment next Tuesday.

We're looking forward to having friends in town this weekend, enjoying a golf outing, and of course, partaking in Oktoberfest downtown.  For those of you who don't know, Cincinnati has the second biggest Oktoberfest celebration in the WORLD, behind Munich of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment