Hands

Hands

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

21 Weeks Pregnant

16 weeks until we meet this baby
112 days until we meet this baby

I had my normal biweekly appointment today with my doctor.  As of last week, I had lost a pound and this week, I weigh the same as last week.  In summary, the high protein, very low carb diet is working, I guess.  I have gained 9 lbs as of 21 weeks.  The peri's goal for me for this pregnancy is 20 lbs, so I have 19 weeks to only gain 11 lbs.  It will be a miracle if I hit that.  Remember, Nathan was just over 8 lbs at 38 weeks and that was when I had gained 30 lbs total.  This baby is measuring the same size as Nathan, which makes him 1 lb or over right now already.  If he were to gain 6 more pounds by the time I deliver at 37 weeks, that leaves only 5 other pounds to be gained.  If trying to stay near 20 lbs is my biggest issue this pregnancy, I'll happily take it.  Plus, it would be that much easier to lose the weight after this little one is born.

Other than that, no other updates. My stomach is measuring fine and the next thing up is my monthly ultrasound and appointment on October 9.  That date isn't sitting well with me since our last ultrasound with Nathan where he was happily bouncing around was last year on October 8.  With all of the bad news we received last year around that week, I'd rather not have an ultrasound that week, but it's a must.  Prayers that all goes smoothly for Chris and I that week and that this October turns out to be much better than last.

Speaking of October, today is the first day of fall.  With the fall comes the daily reminder that this is the season in which we lost Nathan last year.  Yes, I absolutely love fall but last year's fall just kind of ruined everything.  I'm hoping I can get past these feelings some day and be able to truly enjoy fall once again.


And it feels like the end has started closing in on you
But it’s just not true
There’s so much of the story that’s still yet to unfold

And this is going to be a glorious unfolding
Just you wait and see and you will be amazed
You’ve just got to believe the story is so far from over

No comments:

Post a Comment