Hands

Hands

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

22 Weeks Pregnant

15 weeks left.
105 days left.

Over the past week, I've gone from the mindset that I wasn't going to do anything for this baby until they arrive to I'm going to do everything for this baby because this baby is coming home with us.  First on my list was emptying the bag from when we were in the hospital with Nathan.  Since Now I  Lay Me Down to Sleep was coming to take pictures, we had all of Nathan's onesies brought up so we could decide what to dress him in.  I went through the bag over the weekend and hung up all of his leftover onesies because now his baby brother will have the opportunity to wear them.  My mom and I also picked up a couple of sleepers and outfits over the weekend.  It's different with this pregnancy since we know the sex and can definitely get clothes ahead of time.

We had family from Pittsburgh in town over the weekend and it was good to hang out with them.  We went to a pumpkin patch (nieces are 5 and 2) and then we went to the Oktoberfest festival that's held up at our church and the girls were able to ride the rides.  The only downfall of the weekend is that since I was outside so much between those activities and coaching, is that my allergies are terrible.  It doesn't help that the temperature one day is 85 then 65 the next.  No bueno.

I feel like this baby has definitely grown over the past week or so.  Some of my tshirts that I wear to coach in are getting rather tight and should be interesting looking by the end of the season!  Let's hope that they will work for the remaining 4 weeks or so.

Nathan's birthday is 10 days away.  Chris and I both took vacation days for that Friday and plan to do some things, including a picnic up at the cemetery.  What a depressing way to spend a first birthday.  We're also ordering a cake and doing dinner.  It's important to us that we still celebrate his birthday, not only for Chris and I, but for his future siblings.  I've had some interesting dreams and nights lately.  I just have to remind myself that his birthday in Heaven is going to be a whole heck of lot better than it would be down here anyways.

Here's to the next 10 days being gentle on both Chris and I and the next 105 days flying by.


No comments:

Post a Comment