Hands

Hands

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Grave Thieves, Part 2

Yes, it happened again.  This time, 2 days after Easter.

When I talked with the office the last time that this happened, they told me to have stuff off by the Wednesday after Easter.  I was unable to get up there yesterday so my dad went up to get everything off of Nathan's grave. When he got up there, he discovered that everything was gone in the Baby Garden.  Everything.  So he went up to the office, explained that everything was gone to which the employee was shocked since nothing was supposed to be taken down until April 30, and then took down my dad's information so that she could find out what happened.  When my dad was driving out of the cemetery, he saw the grass cutters and stopped and sure enough in the back of their truck was 2 garbage cans full of all of the decorations that were on graves in the Baby Garden. The workers were clueless, my dad was able to salvage some things, and then he stopped back at the office to explain his concern.  He made certain that those garbage cans would not be put into the dumpster before I had a chance to get up there and go through them to get the remaining items for his site. I went up to the cemetery between meetings and was shocked to find this:


I went through EVERY item in those 2 garbage cans and still was unable to find all of Nathan's stuff, including his nice pinwheels and his ladybugs, so there's a good chance that the workers took them.  To describe me as pissed off was an understatement yesterday.  First, it was 2 days after Easter. Second, the workers weren't following directions.  Third, this is the second time it's happened in the last month. Fourth, we were EIGHT days early in getting up there to get stuff off of Nathan's site. So how do we even decorate in the future? All of his stuff keeps getting thrown away and the office has no clear answer on reasons why it keeps happening or dates that they will really be removed.  How can they not feel terrible just throwing everything away in the Baby Garden?  I understand the other parts of the cemetery since most of those are elderly people who lived a full life, but these are babies' graves.  The only happy thing about the Baby Garden are all the decorations that are always up there.  I need to call up there and express my concern but is it even worth it?

Oh, the best was when the workers were watching me as I sifted through the 2 garbage cans sitting by the dumpster.  No remorse, whatsoever, from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment