Hands

Hands

Monday, April 14, 2014

Relaxing Weekend

Before every IVF cycle, Chris and I like to take some sort of trip to relax and sort out our thoughts.  This past weekend was the perfect time for us to get away since Nathan's 6 month had just happened and I've been extremely cranky due to the fact that I have no period and can't start my birth control until that comes about. Since we just paid off this past IVF and will be paying for another one so quickly, we decided to do a smaller trip this time around.  We settled on camping at Hocking Hills, OH with Sidney.  I'm not much of a camper and I would rather pay to not have to sleep outside, but Chris loves it so I agreed.  We went up Friday night, got there at dark, set up the tent, sat by the fire for a bit, and then went to bed.  On Saturday, we were up by 7 and probably hiked around 10 miles with Sid. We did what we wanted to do and got back home by 5. Yesterday, we hung out with my family.

Now that the trip is over, I'm ready to get the show on the road.  How is it that whenever you don't want your period, it comes but whenever you do want it to come, it stays away?  And no, I'm not pregnant. So now we wait. I'm still extremely irritated and although the trip was fun, I'm still less than pleasant to be around right now. I'm 5.5 weeks out of my miscarriage (a miscarriage where my numbers weren't even that high) and I STILL don't have my period. 

Maybe this is God's way of telling us to slow down.  Maybe, but then I'm not quite sure what he was telling us when Nathan died.

Pray that I don't go crazy this week and pray that Chris survives me until my period comes. :)

Love you, Nate.

No comments:

Post a Comment