Hands

Hands

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

He Existed

I've been back at work for over a month now and I like the distraction.  I do run into an interesting situation here or there, though.  For example, I was writing an excerpt for a grant application that we've been working on for the past month.  I had to write about the trend of infant mortality rates here in Cincinnati.  Talk about rough.  Not sure that piece should have been left for me to do.  The other situation I'm running into all the time now is when people ask "do you have any kids?" or "how many children do you have?"  I've decided to be honest.  I'll reply that I have a son and leave it at that.  If they prod (people ALWAYS prod) and ask how old, I'll either say that he's 3 months or that he would have been 3 months, depending on the person or place.  There will never be a time that I leave Nathan out of the question.  He doesn't deserve that.  He deserves to be brought up in conversation as often as possible.  He deserves to be counted as one of the grandchildren or a nephew.  It shouldn't be awkward.  I hate when people make it awkward or say that I'm not a mother.  I am a mother.  I have the hardest job as a mother.  That doesn't make me a better mother than others, it just means I don't get the opportunity to mother my only son here on earth.  So if anyone out there chooses to say that I'm not a mother, don't be surprised if I smack you in your face.  Kidding, but seriously don't tempt me.  Oh, and if I see that some ecard that says "of course I'm a good mother, they're still alive, aren't they?", I will explode.


End rant.  I blame the birth control pills.  One more week of them.






Love you, Nate.  You are my sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment