Hands

Hands

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Well, It's Something I Guess

I had my first ultrasound this morning to check on the development of my follicles.  It could have went better, could have went worse... I guess.

Right Ovary
3 follicles at 10 mm each
A couple behind that

Left Ovary
2 follicles at 14 mm each
A couple under 10 mm

Uterus
9.6mm - perfect

Well at least my uterus cooperates!  So knowing what we know now, there's a possibility that if we continued with IVF they would only get 2-5 eggs, which is far from great.  They gave us 3 options: cancelling the cycle, converting to an IUI, or staying course with the IVF even though there's a good possibility nothing would be viable.  We have to decide by Friday, which is our next appointment.  I just don't know.  I'm angry that we even have to make this decision.  IUI would be OK for most couples but for some reason, my left tube is blocked so the 2 great follicles wouldn't even have a chance.  I've read a lot of IVF success stories with only 2 or 3 follicles, which makes me want to continue with the IVF.  It's a lot of money for a tiny chance, but it's better than no chance.  I just don't know.

I wish we didn't have to make this decision.  I wish things were easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment