Hands

Hands

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Wild Weekend

Chris and I had a pretty interesting weekend to say the least.  I walked with my mom and my aunt Saturday morning, played with the puppy some, and then went home to hang out with Chris before we met my sister and her husband for dinner.  On the drive home from my parents, it started to feel as if my cervix was being ripped open.  This continued for 2+ hours.  The only thing that gave me any comfort was squatting.  I watched Friday Night Lights and squatted for a good portion of that time.  Soon after, I passed whatever I had to pass.  It was instant relief afterwards.  After going through this, I wouldn't wish a miscarriage on anybody, no matter how much they annoy me or shouldn't be parents.  I have been bleeding heavily since passing everything on Saturday.  This is actually more blood than I had after I delivered Nathan.  It hasn't been fun.  It makes work miserable, and sleeping even more miserable.  For my sake, I hope that my numbers are low and near 0 on Thursday, which would mean everything has passed. 

If miscarrying isn't traumatic enough, we ran into a slight house issue on Saturday afternoon.  We'd been having a very slow leak where the water line comes through the foundation.  We were perplexed since our house is only 3 years old, we shouldn't be having any major foundation issues. It proceeded to get worse on Saturday so Chris attempted to chip away some of the concrete around the pipe and put some hydraulic cement there temporarily until we could get a plumber in to look at it. Well, in his attempt to clear the wet concrete, he exposed the issue and water starter spraying EVERYWHERE.  Chris plugged the hole, I put buckets underneath it and called the water company's emergency line.  The water company wasn't able to come out for a couple of hours (unacceptable) so Chris was able to turn off the water from the meter that's located in our front yard.  Since Saturday, we've been staying with my parents.  A plumber came out yesterday and thought it may be the connection on the pipe so they had to get the part to be able to fix it.  No word yet.  We're thankful that we have my parents here who don't mind (maybe they do) us shacking up with them for a couple of days. 

Between the bleeding from the miscarriage and the house issues, it's been a long couple of days.  The good news is that I'm already down to my pre-pregnancy and pre-IVF wait for this go around.  Getting off the progesterone basically deflated the bloat and everything else, which is great. 

I'm also thankful for daylight savings and warmer weather so that I have more opportunities to visit Nathan's site. I'm thankful for those people who take the time to visit his grave and leave little gifts.  Our little boy is loved by all the right people and we couldn't ask for more than that. I'm also thankful for everybody that takes the time to read this blog.  Nathan's site has had over 5000 visits in just a short 4 months.  I hope if there are people going through this same thing that they are able to understand that they're not alone and there are still good things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment