Hands

Hands

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

31 Weeks Pregnant

6 weeks to go.
42 days to go.

And I'm super stressed at work.  I have two projects that need to go out by the 19th so things are a bit hectic, to say the least.

We had a good visit with Chris's family in Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving.  I was thankful for the break, but am ready to get through these last couple of weeks of this pregnancy.  The car ride home on Sunday has taken its toll on my body and my hips and back are paying for it now.  For that reason alone, I'm glad all of our decorations are up for Christmas already.

In other news, our end tables arrive today.  I am probably more excited about this than I should be, but I've been waiting for them for a month to arrive.  Who would have thought that I would have been excited about getting end tables for my birthday?  Speaking of which, my birthday is Thursday and I will be turning 29.  I was just 26 when I was diagnosed with my infertility.  I've since gone through 4 IVFs and will have 2 sons.  I've since lost my oldest son.  I've since lost 2 grandparents and 1 uncle.  I've since lost my family's first dog, Tammy.  I've since had a friend lose her son.  I've since had a miscarriage.  To describe the last 3 years as crappy is an understatement.  They haven't been all bad, though.  I've gotten pregnant 3 times, when doctors first told me I couldn't have kids with my own eggs.  I have a son up in Heaven who has made my fear of death completely disappear.  I have a son, who will arrive in 6 weeks, who gives his dad and I so much hope for our future with him.  The past couple of years have been challenging, but they have given me a new appreciation for life and understanding of God's plan for us.  Unfortunately, I think that through our experiences, Chris and I have a better relationship with each other and that we'll truly value our relationship with our children, no matter how many we end up having.  And yes, we'll probably be a little overprotective, but can you blame us?


1 comment:

  1. I sleep on a heated blanket on low and I freaking wish I did with the other pregnancies!! Relaxes me to sleep and take SO MUCH ache away. My dr saits fine as long as I'm not sweating. Not even close to hot, it's just warm and relaxing like the massage table! And it times off and on!

    ReplyDelete