Hands

Hands

Monday, July 21, 2014

I Lied

I had a coaching class all weekend to receive my E License for soccer and I lied the entire time I was there.  They require all the coaches to participate in the drills and scrimmages when it's not their turn to run the session.  Obviously, due to this pregnancy, I just had to stand and watch.  Everybody figured it out that I was pregnant.  A lot of people asked if it was my first and would reply, "no, my second."  They would ask how old my first was and I would reply, "9.5 months."  Then they would all state that my husband and I must be pretty crazy to have our two children so close together and I would laugh and say, "oh yeah, we're crazy for sure."  It was talked about ALL weekend.  They were so impressed that I was able to get away from my son for so long and that my husband would actually watch him.  I continued to lie because 1) it felt good acting like Nathan was here and 2) I'll never see these people again.  Little did those people know that instead of going home to my son after it was over, I was actually visiting his grave.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment